Applicants will wear ballet shoes and fitted black dance attire. Applicants will participate in two classes: (1) ballet and (2) modern.
Things Every Student Should Know About the Dance Audition
- The Dance Audition takes approximately three hours to complete once the audition begins -- not from when the student arrives.
- All students are required to bring fitted black dance attire and ballet slippers to the audition. Locker Room facilities will be provided for students to change into their dance attire.
- Students will participate in a modified Ballet and Modern Dance class.
- If students need to be seen again they will be given a date and time to return to the school at the callback. Students will participate in an additional Ballet and Modern Dance class and will need to prepare a one-minute solo. The solo may be in any style of dance which shows the student off well. Not all students receive a call back and receiving or not receiving a callback is not an indication of acceptance or rejection from the school.
- If a student is asked to be seen again, audio equipment will be provided for the student to perform their solo. Students must have their music on a cell phone or an MP3 player with a headphone jack.